Today 365 days ago I wrote my first post for this blog! So, today is my One Year Blogversary. Yay! To be honest I’d never thought I would still be doing this when I started it, but as it turned out to be, I really LOVE blogging!What's absolutely great about it, is meeting so many wonderful, like-minded people: other readers, other bloggers and a lot of talented and kind authors. There are too many to mention separately, but you know that I mean YOU! :)
After one year of blogging and reading romance I can say that I’ve learned quite a few things. Here’s ten of them:
- I need to control my book shopping addiction and accept that I can’t read cq have all books that sound interesting. Just for fun I looked up how many books I bought since I started reading romance (in August 2009) and it’s kind of a shocker! Turned out to be 600+ books, worth of over $ 2500!
- I love other genres than only contemporary romance (my initial genre), like paranormal romance and m/m romance
- Meeting virtual friends in real life is a lot of fun
- Romance book bloggers and readers are an active, fun and loyal bunch of people. Their comments never fail to make my day
- There's a difference between romance, erotic romance and erotica. And my heart beats the fastest for erotic romance, not so fast for romance or erotica. I think erotic romance combines the best of romance and erotica -> good development of plot/storyline & hot, explicit sex scenes. Leave the first out of a romance and nothing’s left, leave the second out of erotica and nothing’s left. But when you leave the first out of erotic romance you still have the sex scenes, and when you leave the second out of it you still have the plot to enjoy
- Romance authors are very approachable. In general they like hearing from you, even if you have a request (for a review copy or a guest post/giveaway)
- I love hosting giveaways
- Twitter is great
- The evil day job and real life always get in the way of blogging and bloghopping. I learned to accept that and to feel less guilty about not leaving comments as much as I want to. And thank god for guest bloggers/reviewers who are willing to help me out!
- I don’t think I’ll ever stop blogging!
I’m not big on throwing parties, I always start thinking about organizing one when it’s too late, but as it happens to be I do have a few ebook giveaways the next couple of days at my blog. The authors Stacey Espino, Shayla Kersten, Kele Moon and L.B. Gregg donated copies of their books and to have a chance of winning one (or all) of them all you have to do is drop by at my place at the following days and leave a comment at the post(s) about the books you’re interested in:
Tuesday: Fearless Desire by Stacey Espino
Wednesday: River of Need by Shayla Kersten
Thursday: Beyond Eden by Kele Moon
Friday: Dudleytown by L.B. Gregg
All giveaways run until next Monday, when I’ll announce the four winners.
For now I only have this man candy for you.